I remember being in love with mood rings as a kid. Seeing the stone change colors based on my “mood” captured my awe since the first time I wore one. Once I came to discover the secret behind the jewelry, I was not any less impressed. In fact, it gave me just another reason to love them. To this day I own one of these color changing rings and am still completely amused by it. Because of this fascination, I was extremely excited when I bought my first bottle of mood nail polish a few years ago.
Since that day, fashion has managed to find new ways to make color changing nails a possibility. I am still just as excited as I was that first day every time I find a new design to try out. Luckily for me, and anyone also thrilled by the polish combinations, there are so many ways to wear the trend on your nails. Not only that, but there are different types of polish that change colors each with their own unique effect. These designs and polish types are the inspiration for your next mood ring manicure.
- 1. Color Changing Nails- Choose Your Base Coat
- 2. Add Some Sparkle To Your Nails
- 3. Try Color Changing Polish In Your Nail Design
- 4. Pick A Top Coat That Compliments Both Colors
- 5. Play With Hidden Messages In Your Design
- 6. Try An Animal Print Over The Base Coat
- 7. Try A Color Changing French Manicure
- 8. Holographic Color Changing Nail Art Ideas
- 9. Holographic Pearl Nails For Unicorn Lovers
- 10. Holographic Nail Polish With A Design
- 11. Color Changing Holographic Polish For Short Nails
- 12. Mirrored Color Changing Nail Design Ideas
- 13. Play With Color Choices For New Effects
- 14. Let Your Nails Stand Out With Accessories
- 15. Tone It Down With A Design
1. Color Changing Nails- Choose Your Base Coat
While plain nails are still cool done in this polish, a design looks awesome paired with a color changing polish. This thermal color works much like a mood ring by changing as the temperature does.
2. Add Some Sparkle To Your Nails
Adding glitter to your manicure makes for a feminine design no matter how it is worn. Placed over mood polish, you pretty much have two cool glitter manicures in one.
3. Try Color Changing Polish In Your Nail Design
This unique manicure uses color change to bring out the accent nail. This can be done on almost any design with just the right polish. Adding glitter helps catch the light to make this nail choice even more exciting.
4. Pick A Top Coat That Compliments Both Colors
A green glitter coat might look great over a plain blue polish, however, if that color changes to one the green does not compliment you may be tempted to pull out the polish remover. Try to pick a coat that will match both the colors your base coat changes to.
5. Play With Hidden Messages In Your Design
Gift card claim code: TFUT-RH3NRK-4PTU
This Halloween nail art is a great way to play with color changing polish. Paint a secret message in one of the colors so it can only be seen sometimes.
6. Try An Animal Print Over The Base Coat
You may be a huge leopard print fan or love zebra stripes. A great way to play with color changing polish is to place these prints over your base coat. The two colors will give you different was to wear something you already love. This is a beautiful nail deigns for short nails.
7. Try A Color Changing French Manicure
Have just your tips painted with the polish to do this moody manicure. A fun way to spice this up even more, would be to use a different color changing polish as your base coat, so both colors change.
8. Holographic Color Changing Nail Art Ideas
Holographic polish is a thing. A very very cool thing. It is yet another way to get different colors in a simpler way. The change will depend on the light hitting your nails rather than the temperature.
9. Holographic Pearl Nails For Unicorn Lovers
These unicorn inspired nails make a beautiful choice for both the fantasy lover and the classy woman. The pinkish tones in the holographic pearl polish will leave your manicure receiving plenty of compliments.
10. Holographic Nail Polish With A Design
Just like the thermal mood polish, holographic polish can be used as a base coat with a design over top. The design on this manicure tones down the shiny colors for women who prefer less dramatic nail art.
11. Color Changing Holographic Polish For Short Nails
Long nails or fake nails are not a prerequisite for holographic polish. Painting your favorite color onto your natural nail leaves an effect that is just as beautiful.
12. Mirrored Color Changing Nail Design Ideas
Mirrored nails also have a color changing effect. They will catch the colors around them to brighten up your mood. Another bonus to this nail design is you’ll be able to check for lipstick smears without pulling out a compact.
13. Play With Color Choices For New Effects
Mirrored nails come in polish, powder, and press on. You can find the one you like the best, although the powder and false nails have the strongest effect. Metallic colors come in almost every choice you can imagine so feel free to try them all.
14. Let Your Nails Stand Out With Accessories
Accessories will help draw attention to your manicure. Play with different jewelry that will compliment your color changing nail art. On mirrored nails, these accessories can add even more shine to your hands.
15. Tone It Down With A Design
You can tone mirrored nails down with a flat colored design overtop. This geometric design pairs perfectly with all the colors of this color changing polish to make for a gorgeous manicure.