Running is a very healthy sports activity, but it can cause knee-injuries that can be only be helped by expensive surgery or wearing knee braces. You can prevent and improve knee problems by wearing the knee-braces offered by sporting equipment specialists. The best knee braces for running are comfortable, affordable and easy to wear for long periods of time. This makes them popular and accessible sporting and arthritis aids. People use these simple accessories to prevent joint pain and extend their ability to run further, if joint pain has been limiting their running endurance.
Here are the 10 Best Rated Knee Braces for Running You Can Buy
After an injury, a good knee brace will speed-up the healing process by keeping a knee-cap supported in its natural range of movement. In addition, a suitable support will maintain warmth, which increases the healing blood-flow to a damaged area. For arthritis sufferers who wish to continue their sporting activities, compression knee braces for runners can work wonders! Many thousands of people have found that one or other of the best knee braces for running has given them back their mobility or let them return to a sport they really enjoy! Selecting the best knee braces depends on each individual’s needs, so why not take a moment to browse our Top 10 Best Known Knee Braces for Running right now!
- 10. Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Knee Support, One Size, Black,Manufactured by: Yasco
- 9. Crescendo Athletics Knee Sleeve, Brace Provides Compression, Warmth, Support and Protection
- 8. Knee Brace Support by Zerosport Xtreme – For Pain Relief from Meniscus Tear, Arthritis, Running, Walking, Torn ACL, and MCL.
- 7. Best 5mm Knee Brace for Pain by Compression Comfort Sports Running Recovery Support Sleeve Improved Neoprene
- 6. Copper United Knee Brace, High Quality Compression Fit Support – GUARANTEED Recovery Sleeve – Both Women & Men
- 5. ActiveGear Knee Brace Support Heavy Duty Neoprene Sport Compression Sleeve
- 4. McDavid Reversible Neoprene Knee Support
- 3. Knee Brace Support by Winzone For Arthritis, ACL, Meniscus, Running, Basketball.
- 2. Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve Support for Running, Jogging, Sports, Joint Pain Relief, Arthritis and Injury Recovery-Single Wrap
- 1. CopperJoint Copper Knee Brace, #1 Compression Fit Support – GUARANTEED Recovery Sleeve – Wear Anywhere – Single
10. Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Knee Support, One Size, Black,Manufactured by: Yasco
This is one of the best knee braces for running, owing to its design. The open patella design reduces knee joint over-use damage by relieving the pressure and stabilizing the knee joint in the correct position. The reinforced knee stabilizer acts as a firm guide to encourage correct knee-cap movement.
This knee brace was very popular with testers who felt it also helped prevent damage, and reduced pain for elderly people with chronic arthritis. It was also used by basketball and soccer players and one user found it useful for active exercise such as aerobics and dance classes.
9. Crescendo Athletics Knee Sleeve, Brace Provides Compression, Warmth, Support and Protection
The Crescendo knee brace is a 100% latex-free knee support sleeve with an impressive set of credentials, Certified and Approved by the CE, FDA and EC REP, guaranteeing its compliance with International Standards. The neoprene is 4 mm thick for strong support and stability and it has a sensible flat-seam design, to avoid any problems with skin chafing.
Users say they stayed secure in place during running, exercising or just doing everyday tasks and provided firm compression and extra warmth to protect the knee/s. They all agreed this is a well-made, thick support sleeve that does a great job and relieves pain, too.
8. Knee Brace Support by Zerosport Xtreme – For Pain Relief from Meniscus Tear, Arthritis, Running, Walking, Torn ACL, and MCL.
Built-in layered perforations provide warmth and comfort for outdoor runners and those who may be running in a cold air-conditioned gym. This knee brace for runners is make from 3 mm thick Neoprene, which is latex-free. This is another open knee brace for protecting and stabilizing the knee joint with moderate compression, allowing runners to have the full range of correct knee movements.
Judged as one of the best knee braces for pain-relief and healing, by users with a damaged meniscus and avid runners. Many people said the wrap-around design means you can put the knee brace on a damaged knee without causing extra pain, such as can happen when pulling on a thick, seam-free sleeve.
7. Best 5mm Knee Brace for Pain by Compression Comfort Sports Running Recovery Support Sleeve Improved Neoprene
This is a slighter thicker knee brace in 5 mm thick Neoprene with irritation-free flat, triple stitched seams for extra strength and durability up to extra-large sizes. The streamlined design means you can wear it at any time, not only when running, for long-lasting knee-joint comfort.
Users with damaged meniscus problems say it’s great for reducing pain. It’s easier to put on than a thigh high compression stocking and cooler to wear. It was rated as very comfortable, doesn’t bunch-up or cut into the thigh, and you can still bend and flex with no problems.
6. Copper United Knee Brace, High Quality Compression Fit Support – GUARANTEED Recovery Sleeve – Both Women & Men
Designed for use by men and women this recovery knee brace is made from top quality Copper-Infused Nylon and neoprene, which users say is odor-free. You get a good fit and the silicon bead works well to keep the knee brace in place whilst running with no slippage.
It’s described as a light, soft elastic brace that wicks moisture away so it keeps the area dry and comfortable through several hours use. It helps relieve stiff muscles and soreness whilst enhancing blood flow to speed-up healing on injured joints, muscles, arthritis and tendonitis. This is one of the best unisex knee braces to wear throughout the night.
5. ActiveGear Knee Brace Support Heavy Duty Neoprene Sport Compression Sleeve
With a range of 5 different sizes, this is the best knee brace for getting a perfect fit and extra support. Made from heavy-duty Neoprene this compression sleeve is reported as giving good support, without being too constricting.
It has bands at the top and bottom that are flexible enough to make it easy to put on and take off, but firm enough to ensure it stays in place during running and vigorous exercise. This item is also very popular with those recovering from knee-replacement surgery and all users say it’s comfortable and cool.
4. McDavid Reversible Neoprene Knee Support
This is a popular Neoprene knee brace with weight-lifters, as well as runners and all sports’ players, even golfers. What makes this the best knee brace for heavy duty wear, is the firm compression and the comfortable seamless area behind the knee, which is a typical place for skin irritation from knee-braces.
One user says it has saved him from needing meniscus surgery, which two medics said was the only way to correct an injured knee. Tester report excellent support with no pinching or rolling down, making it comfortable and effective.
3. Knee Brace Support by Winzone For Arthritis, ACL, Meniscus, Running, Basketball.
Good lightweight wrap around, open patella design that one female user with knee arthritis says is great for running and sprinting. It’s a highly adjustable wrap-around style which really does adjust to fit a small female runner and a male user who’s over 6 feet and weighs 230 lbs. As with all wrap-around knee braces, this is easy to put on and the firm Velcro fasteners keep it completely secure.
Testers with torn meniscus and advanced osteo-arthritis love this product. They report that it’s lightweight, secure, keeps the knee feeling stable and as one user commented, is extra-strength, high-quality and can be worn discreetly under trousers.
2. Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve Support for Running, Jogging, Sports, Joint Pain Relief, Arthritis and Injury Recovery-Single Wrap
This affordable compression sleeve support is recommended for all of the same uses as detailed above and offers a size range that includes women, men and kids, too. It’s an ultra-lightweight designed to offer firm compression and thermal protection during running and all intense sports. It stays in place during a 7 mile run and a 14 mile biking activity, without rolling down or moving.
This is because there are double gripping strips at the top, but none at the bottom. Our testers reported that they can run more miles, because the knee brace takes away the knee pain they usually experience after running a couple of miles.
1. CopperJoint Copper Knee Brace, #1 Compression Fit Support – GUARANTEED Recovery Sleeve – Wear Anywhere – Single
This is the best knee brace for runners, according to our test-team. It’s light and comfortable, doesn’t restrict movement, keeps you cool and the copper-infused fabric has anti-bacterial properties, so there’s no sweaty odor. This sleeve support can be comfortably worn all day and night to help healing after surgery and reduce pain.
It reduces pain from arthritis and is easier to put-on and take-off than thicker sleeves. Users like the helpful size measurement chart with 5 sizes up to XXL. It’s guaranteed to be anti-itch and has a very smooth contour so can be worn discreetly under skinny jeans, leggings etc.