When you think of the words “air purifier” your first thoughts are probably “why do I need that?!” and “what does it really do? ”. Air purifiers are every allergic individual saving grace. As someone who’s suffers from allergies due to dust and other debris in the common air. Having an air purifier in my home is an ultimate must. It helps clear out the air while making it easier for me to breathe.
However, what I did notice was that there are hundreds if not thousands of different air purifiers that promise different things. All of which sounds pretty great but do they really get the job done? For this reason, I have decided to put together a complete guide on everything you need to know about air purifiers and which ones are the best on the market. And you can check the best selling Air Purifiers here!
Here are the 9 Best Air Purifiers for Home – HEPA, Ionic, Carbon Filter Air Purifiers
For different use, you can choose different air purifier. In this article, you will learn:
- Best Whole House Air Purifier – A great air purifier for baby
- Best Bedroom Air Purifier
- Best Bang for Your Buck
- Quietest Air Purifier
- Best Premium Air Purifier
- Best Allergy Purifier
- Best Small Air Purifier
- Best Smoke Air Purifier
- Best Air Purifiers 2018 – 2019
- Clean Air Delivery Rate
- Air Flow, Performance and Changes in the Air
- HEPA Filtration
- Best Whole House Air Purifier
- Best Bedroom Air Purifier
- Best Bang for Your Buck
- Quietest Air Purifier
- Best Premium Air Purifier
- Best Allergy Purifier
- Best Small Air Purifier – Great for Travel
- Best Smoke Air Purifier
- Best Ionic Air Purifier
- How to Properly Size Your Air Purifier
- Functionality of Different Filters
- Air Purifier Options
- Odor and Pollutant Specific Treatments
- Asthma, Allergens and Pollens
- In conclusion
Best Air Purifiers 2018 – 2019
|Product's Name||Image||Dimensions||Buy Link|
|Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier|
|10 x 17.8 x 26.8 inches||Check Price|
|GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System|
|7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches||Check Price|
|Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner||16.3 x 8.5 x 21.7 inches||Check Price|
|Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier|
with True HEPA and Eco Mode
|16.8 x 9.6 x 18.3 inches||Check Price|
|AeraMax 300/DX95 Air Purifier||8.1 x 16 x 25.1 inches||Check Price|
|Gideon™ Electronic Plug-in Air Purifier |
with UV Air Sanitizer, Ion Purifier and Fan
|25.7 x 13.7 x 10.4 cm||Check Price|
|Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover||11 x 11.7 x 13.2 inches||Check Price|
|Holmes HEPA Type Desktop Air Purifier||14.8 x 11.4 x 7.2 inches||Check Price|
|O-Ion B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer|
with UV-C Sanitizer
|5.5 x 6.5 x 17 inches||Check Price|
|Green Air Purifiers Green Air Classic Plus Alpine Air Purifier |
|14.9 x 13.4 x 10.8 inches||Check Price|
Clean Air Delivery Rate
The Clean Air Delivery Rate indicates an air purifiers compatibility for filtering out airborne pollutants such as dust, pollen and smoke. This is a rating given out to showcase the type and size of the filter utilised by the air purifier. The better the CADR rating is the best the air purifier will clean the air you are consuming. There are other ratings that are given to air cleaners. However, the CADR rating is one of the top ratings you should look for this while you are looking for the best air purifier for you.
Air Flow, Performance and Changes in the Air
The airflow that your air purifier projects depends on the speed of the fan that is built into your purifier, it also depends on the quality of the filter. The better quality your air purifier is, the better the performance will be. However, the changes in the air you breathe will ultimately depend on how large the room you have your air purifier in is.
A larger room will require a longer period to clean than a smaller room. This is because the air purifier will need to cover as much more square space. When you are considering purchasing an air purifier you want to make sure that you consider the size of your room and the size of the filter inside of the air purifier. By keeping this in mind you will ensure you purchase the best air cleaner for your needs.
HEPA filtration is not only the most effective air filtering system it is also the most popular as it gets the job done. When you are on the market for an air filter you want to make sure it contains HEPA filtration. An air purifier that contains HEPA filtration does a better job at cleaning your air. It is capable of filtering out pollen, mold & mildew, bacteria and dust mites.
Removing these common particles from the air you breathe can help you not only breathe better and feel better but it can also help you have a better night sleep. Without further adieu, let’s take a look at the top air filters on the market and why they are considered the very best.
Best Whole House Air Purifier
A whole house air purifier is ideal for homeowners that wish to always have clean air in every aspect of their home. If you are looking for a whole house air purifier, we would recommend the IQAir New Edition HealthPro Plus Air Purifier. Although, it is mostly used for chemical purposes and it comes with a hefty price tag. It is one of the best air purifiers on the marke and here is why;
- Superior noise suppression.
- 4 stage filtration systems- Which includes HyperHEPA filters. These filter out dust, allergens, smoke and fumes.
- User friendly.
- Energy efficient.
Best Bedroom Air Purifier
A bedroom air purifier is a very nice addition to any bedroom especially if you have allergies or small children. The reason being at night our allergies tend to become a little bit stronger than they were during the day. Having an air purifier in your bedroom can help you breathe better at night and have a better night sleep as you will not be waking up during the night as often.
If you are in need of a good bedroom air purifier we would recommend the GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaner with True HEPA, UV-C and Odor Reduction. Not only does it have wonderful customer reviews but it is small enough to be portable. Which allows you can travel with it anywhere you need it to go. Here are the reasons why we believe this is the best bedroom air purifier yet;
- Silent- Its 3 fan setting allows you to set the level of fan function you need for your bedroom
- Capacity of 155 square ft- which is the average size of a bedroom
- Design- It is sleek and portable
- Easy maintenance- You will have no need to change your filter for a while, as this air purifier is very simple to clean and maintain.
Best Bang for Your Buck
The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner is the perfect air purifier that will not break the bank. It will clean your air properly while being large enough to reach 350 square ft. This means this air purifier will clean even the largest room in your home while being affordable. We would recommend this air purifier for the following reasons;
- 3 stage filtering system that removes dust, hair and odor
- PlasmaWave technology
- Covers 350 square feet
Quietest Air Purifier
Although, all the air purifiers stated above are extremely quiet you may hear a hum or the sound of a light running fan when you go up in settings it is never a large noise or even noticeable. However, the Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier takes the win for the quietest air purifier in all settings. This air purifier has WhisperMax technology which enables it to have the quietest fans on the market. This makes it truly undetectable. Here are a couple of more reasons why we love this air purifier;
- Light indicators- The light indicators on this air purifier will actually tell you how much harmful pollutants are in the air by changing color.
- Guaranteed allergy relief- You are guaranteed better air to help with your allergies.
- Smart Sensor Technology- This technology allows the air purifier to adjust to the quality of the air that is surrounding it.
- Lifetime warranty.
Best Premium Air Purifier
If you are in the market for an air purifier and do not have a budget you may want to look into the Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air-Purification System as it is one of the very best premium air purifiers. This air purifier is considered one of the most premium air purifiers because of its filtration system. This air cleaner uses a powerful combination of electrostatic and HEPA like technology which has the potential to riding the air of particles as small as .1 microns in diameter. This makes this system give you extremely clean air. We would recommend this air purifier for the follow reasons;
- Impeccable filtration system.
- Silent operating fans- the fans work together to ensure you never hear a thing.
- Design and durability- this air purifier will stand a lifetime if taken care properly.
Best Allergy Purifier
If you have allergies then you are fully aware of how pollen, dust and dust mites can cause your allergies to flare up. Allergies also cause your nasal cavity to become clogged with dust and mucus. The best way to take care of allergies is to clean the air that you breathe on a daily basis.
The Honeywell 50250-S with True HEPA and Carbon Pre-filter is the best filter to combat all allergies and allergy causing allergens. This air purifier is actually recommended by doctors as the number one allergy purifier on the market today. Here are a couple more reasons why we enjoy this purifier;
- AHAM certified- This is an important certification to have as the higher the number the easier and faster the air purifier will clean your air.
- Carbon Pre-filter- A carbon pre-filter works to collect larger airborne particles that are located in the air.
- Patented 360 degree airflow- Regardless of where you place this air purifier in your home you will receive clean circulated air. The 360 technology in this air purifier will ensure your entire room is filled with clean air.
- Warning indication- You will no longer have to guess when you are in need of a filter change as this air purifier has filter indicators that tell you when your filter is due for a change.
Best Small Air Purifier – Great for Travel
Just because an air purifier is small does not mean it will not get the job done. If you are in need of an air purifier for a small area you may want to try the GT50 Plug-In Ionizer. This air purifier was designed to purify the air and remove all harmful particles that may be roaming around in small rooms. However, it eliminates E-Coli, Listeria, Staph, Candida, Salmonella and Legionella by neutralizing them. Here are other reasons why we enjoy this purifier;
- Easy to Operate- Easier to operate as well as completely portable. You can take it anywhere from the bathroom, to the kitchen into a hotel room if you happen to leave town.
- Convenient-If you are new at discovering the benefits of a good air purifier you may want to begin with something like this one. This one is compact while giving fresh air anywhere you need it.
- Energy efficient- Not all air purifiers are energy efficient as most of them do consume large amounts of electricity. However, this small air purifier consumes less than 7 watts that is less than a small night light bulb.
Best Smoke Air Purifier
If you have smokers in your home, you may want to get an air purifier that was specifically created to remove smoke as its main objective. The Austin Health Mate HM450 will do just that, remove smoke from your home as well as benzene, wood smoke, formaldehyde, and VOC. Along with dust and other allergens that may be roaming your air as well.
This air purifier has a 4 stage filtration system to ensure it not only removes all smoke and debris from your air but it maintains it trapped in the filter. Here are a couple of reasons why we love this filter;
- Performance- This filter not only removes the smoke from the air you’re breathing it can actually clean a normal 465 square foot home in 20 minutes or less.
- Noise- Just like traditional air purifiers this air purifier has 3 fan setting low, medium and high. On the low setting, you will not hear a single thing at all. Even on the highest setting you will not hear anything.
- Maintenance- Because of the HEPA filter, this air purifiers filter does not need to be changed for about 5 years.
Best Ionic Air Purifier
No two air purifiers are alike because of how their filters are set up. The filter in your air purifier is what determines how clean your air will be once the air purifier is enabled. It also determines how quickly the air purifier will clean your air of all allergens, dirt, dust and pollutants. The Surround Air XJ-3800 Interlli- Pro uses seven different filters to remove everything harmful in the air you breathe.
The seven different filters are used to give you the cleanest air possible as the air needs to pass through all 7 filters before it is considered clean. Here are a few other reasons I love the Ionic air purifier;
- Clean Air Monitor- The clean air monitor has LED lights that let you know if you have clean are or polluted air.
- Energy Efficient- Advanced sensor technology regulates the settings of the air purifier to guarantee less energy consumption.
- Allergy Destroyer- if you summer from allergies all year round like myself, then you know how important it is to have an air purifier. The 7 different filters in this air purifier will do just that.
How to Properly Size Your Air Purifier
Now that you know which air purifiers are the best on the market you may be concerned with how to properly size your air purifier. The size of your air purifier will depend on the size of the room you plan to use it in. Several factors do play a large role in this as you need to know how large the room is and how much space your air purifier will reach. In short terms the larger the room is, the larger the capacity of your air purifier should be.
Functionality of Different Filters
Most air purifiers come with HEPA filter which as we have stated is one of the very best filters on the market. However, some air purifiers come with pre-filters or carbon filters. Although, these are numerous filters it ultimately comes down to the filtration method that works best for you and your needs.
Air Purifier Options
Although, your air purifier is designed to clean out your hair. Many of them come with different options to enhance their performance and abilities. It ultimately depends on what you need your air purifier to do. If you need it to clean your air as well as remove allergies you may want to look into an air purifier that does just that.
Odor and Pollutant Specific Treatments
Air purifiers are created to treat a variety of dust, pollution, dirt, and allergens that may be roaming your air. However, not all of them are created equal so you want to check what each air purifier has to offer before you purchase it.
Asthma, Allergens and Pollens
If you suffer from asthma, allergies or live in a place with high levels of pollen you may want to get an air purifier that specifically deals with these issues. With so many options out there you want to look into an air purifier that will suit your many needs and specifically target allergies.
In conclusion, we hope we were able to point you in the right direction in order find the air purifier that will work best for you. Although, not all air purifiers are created equally it is important to look into finding the correct air purifier. It can make a huge difference in the air that you currently breathe. Let us know below which air purifier you are the most intrigued by and why.