An effective humidifier can be a lifesaver, especially for those who suffer from allergies, chronic colds, or other respiratory problems. There are multiples types of humidifiers. Cool mist and warm mist humidifiers are the two main humidifier categories. Cool mist humidifiers add moisture to the air by passing air through a saturated wick filter to purify it and releasing cool, invisible mist. Warm mist humidifiers also filter and add moisture to the air, but they do so by gently boiling away impurities in the water before releasing warm water vapor into the air. Both of these humidifiers are effective; some humidifiers even offer both cool and warm mist options.
Even if you don’t struggle with allergies or a respiratory condition, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider purchasing a humidifier for your home or office. Humidifiers have many other benefits as well. They can help prevent eye irritation, bloody noses, and cracked lips. They also keep your skin healthy, smooth, and moisturized. Running a humidifier in your bedroom can even reduce snoring by lubricating your airways. If you want to experience the benefits of a humidifier yourself, one of these humidifiers, which are top-rated for their performance, efficiency, cleanliness, and reliability.
- 1. BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 2. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier – Best Desk Humidifier
- 3. Vornado Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier – best Humidifier for large room
- 4. Holmes Ultrasonic Humidifier – Best Humidifier for Bedroom
- 5. Winix Triple Action Plasmawave Humidifier – Best Humidifier for Winter
1. BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
This humidifier can evenly disperse mist throughout large rooms that measure up to 650 square feet in size. Despite its impressive output range, it operates extremely quietly and disperses ultra-fine, invisible mist with its ultrasonic technology. It disperses both warm and cool mist to allow you to cool down or heat up your room while adding moisture to the air.
With a maximum tank capacity of 3.5 gallons, this humidifier can run continuously for up to twenty-four hours while evenly humidifying in a large room. Controlling this humidifier is effortless with its high-tech digital display that allows you to easily adjust its settings. However, it is also very self-sufficient. It features an auto mode that allows the humidifier to run automatically when needed with no intervention from you. Plus, its built-in hygrostat automatically monitors and regulates humidity levels in the air.
- Humidifies a room up to 650 square feet in size
- Holds up to 3.5 gallons of water in its tank
- Operates ultra-quietly
- Disperses both warm and cool mist
- Features a hygrostat that automatically balances humidity levels in the air
2. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier – Best Desk Humidifier
This ultrasonic humidifier has both warm and cool mist settings–the choice is yours. The mist it disperses is ultra-fine and circulates evenly through the air in a medium or large room. This humidifier operates quietly enough that you can place it in your bedroom to add moisture to the dry air while you sleep. It even includes a built-in night light for overnight use.
The special Silver Clean Protection system built into this humidifier has antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of bacteria, mold spores, and mildew on the surfaces of its water tank. With its two-gallon water tank, this humidifier can run continuously for up to 120 hours. However, it features a twelve-hour timer and three different speed settings that give you greater control over the humidification of your air.
- Holds up to two gallons of water at a time
- Prevents bacterial growth with special Silver Clean Protection
- Includes three different speed settings
- Operates quietly and efficiently for up to 120 hours
3. Vornado Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier – best Humidifier for large room
This whole room humidifier has a very impressive range. It uses powerful vortex circulation to effectively humidify up to 600 square feet–which is the full size of some small studio apartments–at one time. Its special filter is designed to pull in large amounts of air, quickly purify it, add moisture, and recirculate the treated air throughout the room.
The electronic humidistat built into this humidifier automatically monitors the humidity levels in the air around it. When these levels fall too low and the air in the room gets too dry, the humidifier adds much-needed moisture to the air. This humidifier has a maximum tank capacity of one gallon and can run for approximately twelve hours before it needs to be refilled. However, it can run longer depending on which of the three available fan settings–low, high, or auto–you choose.
- Humidifies up to 600 square feet
- Holds one gallon of water at a time
- Features an electronic humidistat that monitors and balances humidity levels
- Includes three different fan settings for light or intense humidification
4. Holmes Ultrasonic Humidifier – Best Humidifier for Bedroom
Equipped to humidify medium-sized rooms, this humidifier is an ideal choice for keeping humidity levels balanced in a bedroom, living room, office, etc. It offers you precision control over both the speed and direction of its humidifying mist, so you can closely monitor and balance the humidity levels in your room to your liking. It features multiple speed settings as well as a built-in rotating nozzle that allows you to direct mist toward certain areas in the room and away from others.
With its 1.2-gallon tank capacity, this humidifier can run continuously for up to twenty-four hours before its tank needs to be refilled. When its tank does runs low on water, its built-in empty tank indicator automatically alerts you. As an added bonus, this humidifier includes a tank cap that can hold aromatherapy or cleaning tablets and disperse them throughout the water in its tank and into the air. It also features infusions of antimicrobial protection to keep the water inside it clean and prevent bacterial growth and odor development.
- Holds 1.2 gallons of water at a time and runs for up to twenty-four hours
- Gives you control over the speed and direction of humidification
- Includes a tank cap to hold aromatherapy or cleaning tablets
- Prevents bacterial growth with antimicrobial protection-infused plastics
- Alerts you when it needs to be refilled with its built-in empty tank indicator
5. Winix Triple Action Plasmawave Humidifier – Best Humidifier for Winter
The three-stage air purification system that this humidifier uses is ultra-effective for purifying as well as humidifying the air in your home or office. The humidifier’s built-in antibacterial cleaning discs spin and release tiny water droplets into the air to raise humidity levels. To purify the air, its fan pulls in air and passes it through a filter. This filter catches large particles–mold spores, pollen, dust, etc. In order to eradicate smaller pollutants like bacteria and viruses from the air, the humidifier also uses PlasmaWave technology. It releases dual polarity ions that attach to these pollutants and destroy them.
This humidifier is very self-sufficient. You don’t have to worry about refilling its tank throughout the day. It holds more than three gallons of water at a time. Its auto mode continuously monitors the humidity levels in the air around it and begins humidifying when these levels get too low. Also, the water this humidifier releases is mist-free in order to eliminate the risk of leaving behind water vapor and residue that can damage furniture, wood surfaces, etc.
- Humidifies and purifies air through a three-stage purification system
- Holds more than three gallons of water at a time
- Employs PlasmaWave technology to disperse ions and remove pollutants from the air
- Continuously monitors and balances humidity levels in a room
- Leaves behind zero residue and water vapor